This evening, after reading a wonderful post last night, I sat down to read Fit to be Tied–two of my older sisters had read the book. Sister 3 let Sister 4 borrow it. Then, Sister 4 thought it was so good that she gave it to me to read and then give back to Sister 3. Well, I still have it but, Sister 3 & I are now roommates. (Funny enough.) I pulled it out this evening and began reading it. A lot of the stuff they mentioned really hit home–highs in marriage being high highs and lows being low lows. Well, that’s what we have but, our highs are getting higher and our lows aren’t so low and they definitely aren’t as frequent–like the people in the book. But, one thing they mentioned was that they had similar goals, beliefs, etc. So, with “Week 3: My Life 5 Years From Now” waiting for me & the similar goals in the book–an opportunity presented itself. So, here it is…
Mr. will you do something with me. Will you make a list of where you want to be in 5 years?
After some back and forth about if I wanted in-depth or not–which we finally agreed that I wanted really, really in-depth because of the details I wanted. But, we have similar goals! And I loved being able to see that. Below are our lists. Some are similar and others are things we agree on but, not what was on our mind at the time. So–here it is.
- 32 years old
- Living in (blanked out) Area
- Mortgage first home
- Own 2 vehicles
- Try (maybe once) for a girl (maybe)
- Same company different title
- Own a PS4
- Still be married to (wife–he put my initials)
- L adopted
- See J on summers (he visits us)
- Not so fat
- Alive still
And now for my list…
- 27 years old
- Own/Paying off our house
- Boys schooling
- Me working from home (solid career path)
- Mr. pursuing/already in high position IT job
- Vacations each summer
a baby girl/foster/adoption
- Playing Fantasy Football w/family
- Able to give Mr. (and boys) his own “game/football room”
- Owe a SUV/minivan
- Degree in journalism
- (blanked out) followers on (blank)
- Has his & hers tattoos
Funny hair colors be back
- Doing more DIY projects
- Pinterest ideas complete
Our conversation for there lead to these conclusions:
- We’re both over moving
- We both want to be paying off/own our first home
- Mr. will have a
betterhigher up job (one that he definitely deserves)
- If we’re going to have a baby girl, it’ll be before I am 30 years old, as I don’t want to be in my 30’s pushing out kiddos–call me selfish but, I don’t.
- We both want to be able to have more than 1 car.
- Mr. likes the idea of me working from home.
- He liked the game/football room idea.
- He will be getting a PS4 for our next anniversary–SURPRISE!
- We are both excited to get L’s adoption papers in order soon
- We would both like to loss some weight/get healthier
- We are both determined to still be married to each other
And for now, that’s about it. There is Week 3, the beginning of Fit To Be Tied, and the uphill journey our marriage is taking. A beautiful sight in many ways to see. Now, it see how true this holds in the next for years. But, it will be revisited–next year, I believe that we will be mostly down with some of the things on our list. And I hope to write a new list, for the next 5 years.
And with that, I bid you all a good night–Z has declared a random fuss and I need to get cleaned up for tomorrow’s chores. Boys will be up early and I would like to be well rested. So, good night to all–& I wish you all a sunshine-filled & happy Sunday tomorrow.