Well–didn’t think I would actually be taking a break when I said I was thinking about it. But, SURPRISE–we had some stuff come up with our move.
- People who lived here before (they got evicted) clicked the cable lines–no cable, no internet
- The basement was flooded
- The master bathroom has no storage (HELLO PINTEREST!) but, it’s the only one with a bathtub so, we have that master room
- That time of month is back–thanks to being on birth control
But, the upsides are–
- Hubby has a job
- We didn’t have to move ANYTHING
- We have a backyard for the boys to play in
- They are fixing the basement flooding problem as we speak
- The child I babysit just put himself to sleep
- I can get a new prescription for my eyes soon
- I will be able to get tested for PCOS
- Cell phones will be back so, in case we have emergencies or I just want to make sure my hubby is safe
- Planning some fun vacations (thank you Groupon.)
- We have coffee–and pumpkin spice hot chocolate makes for yummy wake up time
But, for now–that’s about all I have to say. Moving and babysitting is wiping me out–I still have laundry, cleaning, and dishes to do this morning. But, need to work on the garage first so we can all have warm showers.
Although, reading about how many times military families move and knowing how much we move, etc.—I am definitely not jealous! We have moved 3 times in the last year–I don’t want to move again for a LONG time!!
What makes your moving experience easier? What’s your least favorite part of moving? Any fun vacations, etc. planned for this next year?
There’s a lot of NEW going on right now in life. It’s odd how little changes can help you start a brand new chapter.
- Moving in a month
- Started working out
- New addition to the family
- Started a photography business
These things don’t seem like they would make life change that much but, moving–especially with three boys– it’s definitely going to make things different. We’ve been working on downsizing, heck, I even started planning a garage/yard sale for this weekend & realized that we have a wedding to go to this weekend. But, we just keep on keeping on. I got more cups, silverware, & clothes pulled out to get rid of yesterday. Just have to sort through the boys’ toys & clothes again–hard to know what to get rid of and what to keep with an almost four year old & soon to be two year old–& a two month old. But, we’re getting there–just have to find the magically number of clothes & magically amount of toys.
I started working out using the 30 Day Squat/Crunch/Plank Craziness challenge this week. On Day 3 today & I can definitely feel it! Yesterday I could barely finish up the workout & I actually did more last night before I went to bed. This morning, after doing two loads of dishes–since we don’t have a dish washer–I could barely sit down without feeling it in the top of my thighs, right above my knees. It’s crazy how much it can work different muscles that you were unaware of. But, I am learning to love the burning.
We were blessed with a healthy, little man in May. Such a little joy. His schedule has recently be changing a bit because I seem to be eating something wrong. Poor kiddo & I have been having some stomach trouble the last week so, really hoping that it’ll get better & go away soon. But, other than that, his schedule seem to be “normalizing” as much as you can say a baby does. Honestly, not sure there is such a thing as a “normal” schedule with babies. You just get a little bit of a routine going on with them & it seems to help enough.
I’ve always been one who loves to take pictures. I especially love taking pictures of my kiddos & capturing all the wonderful moments in life. It let’s you see all the amazing beauty in a new light. I have learned to appreciate things in a whole new light & I am absolutely loving it. Running a photo contest right now, hoping that by doing photo shoots with the winners, that I’ll be able to get more business & our name out there. But, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Ah–can’t wait to get my new camera!
What new things do you have going on in life? Any moves or vacations planned this year?